I believe every country has its own share of stupidity in creating laws.
Well, UKTV Gold thought of testing what people think about the stupid law in UK. Their survey gave the following Top Ten stupid Laws in UK:
- It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament (27 percent)
- It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside-down (seven percent)
- In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless except as a clerk in a tropical fish store (six percent)
- Mince pies cannot be eaten on Christmas Day (five percent)
- In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter (four percent)
- A pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, including in a policeman’s helmet (four percent)
- The head of any dead whale found on the British coast automatically becomes the property of the king, and the tail of the queen (3.5 percent)
- It is illegal to avoid telling the tax man anything you do not want him to know, but legal not to tell him information you do not mind him knowing (three percent)
- It is illegal to enter the Houses of Parliament in a suit of armour (three percent)
- In the city of York it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow (two percent)
If you come across similar stupid laws from other countries please share them in the comment section.