Apple says that more than one-third of the iTunes users who have downloaded iTunes 10 in 48 hours of it’s release, have signed-up for Ping. With that impressive number Ping, the social engine of Apple,
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s public profile got a comment, telling him, "nothing to worry about here… Ping kinda sucks." Jay Yarow noted, Apple CEO Steve Job’s profile is not public in Ping.
Fred Wilson says, Ping is not that social and it is not about music either. Looks like it is only made for music purchases and celebrities. Some points Apple needs to address:
- Would you download a software, iTunes, to create a social network ?
- The social network is confined in a single software. No web, no nothing!
- Worst, it doesn’t even interact with the iTune’s music collection. Ping friends don’t know what I am listening to.
- People love to hear others talk. But, bad for Ping, there aren’t any positive reviews of Ping. Not, yet!
Finger crossed, Apple will sort out the problem with Facebook and recording companies to make Ping a bit more useful.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs is not used to being said what to do with his device.
When people started telling that his device was not good enough, he was outraged. He started telling how they need to hold the ‘magic device’. Consumer Reports was the one to blame for all these hassles. That was why he was ‘stunned and embarrassed’.
Some points to prove that he wasn’t at ease in the press meet:
- Admitting "We’re not perfect” shouldn’t have been easy for Jobs. That is why he started his presentation by admitting the truth.
- He was still in defensive mood – repeatedly calling out the press for blowing the problem out of proportion.
- Saying and trying to prove, the antenna problem isn’t unique to Apple.
And yes, nobody cared! As long as they can get their hand on the $29 ‘bumper,’ for free!
Those, who heard of the the Apple engineers knowing about the problem beforehand, are asking, ‘Is Apple staffed with people afraid to tell the truth?’
Tag CloudAndroid Apple April Fool Birthday Blackberry Calgary Canada china Chrome Browser Chrome Netbooks Chrome OS Egypt Facebook facebook.com Google Google Apps Store Guinness Book of World Records Guinness Record HTC iPad iPhone iPhone 4 Julian Assange Khagendra Thapa Magar Mark Zuckerberg Microsoft Nepal odd name Oldest Pets photos RIM Road Sign Rude Signboard search search technology Shortest Person Sign Board Social Networking Steve Jobs Stupid Law Twitter Video WikiLeaks YouTube
Incoming search terms