Archive for April, 2007
Got these wise cracks in email and thought you might be interested in looking at them. One does not need to follow them but it surely is nice to read through them and enjoy the moment you read.
1. Don’t use time or words carelessly. Neither can be retrieved.
2. Don’t be afraid to learn. Knowledge is weight less, a treasure you can carry easily.
3. Don’t run through life so fast that you forget not only where you’ve been, but also where you are going.
4. Don’t shut love out of your life by saying it’s impossible to find. The quickest way to receive love is to give; the fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly, and the best way to keep love is to give it wings.
5. Don’t be afraid to encounter risk. It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave.
6. Don’t be afraid to admit you are less than perfect. It is this fragile thread that binds us together.
7. Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
8. Don’t let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or future. By living our life one day at a time, you live ALL the days of your life.
9. Don’t take for granted the closest things to your heart. Cling to them as you would your life, for without them life is meaningless.
10. Don’t set your goals by what other people deem important. Only you know what is best for you.
11. Don’t undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is because we are different that each of us is special.
Nothing remains same forever. Some photographers have visualized this concept with the help of photos and software available. The result, is incredible.
Worth1000 site conducts contests on creative photo manipulation works (they call it photoshoping). The pictures I am talking are from the 49 entries so far in the contest.
Time changes everything. Sometimes, a few days is enough to make a noticeable difference; other times it takes years or even centuries. But eventually, everything starts to show its age.
In this contest, you’re asked to speed the process up. Take any object you like, living or inanimate. Leave half (or thereabouts) of the picture untouched. Take the other half, and show how the subject will look at some point in the future.
You can choose the obvious targets: Show a girl’s face, with the right half aged to an elderly woman. Or perhaps a new mansion, with one half dilapitated and neglected. Or you can be creative: Put a caterpillar on one half of your entry, changing into a butterfly in the other. It’s up to you.
You can see the thumbnails of the entries here. It’s worth a look.
And it is great to read the comments too.
Well well well just posted an article about making money out of photos and then started researching (That’s not how things shouldn go …. A lesson for me!!). I found the link tried the website and thought it was ok to share among you people ….
(shall I remove the post ?… well let me leave it for now!)
Then I found some sites posted in this blog that helps making some money with your photos stock. Let me list them here:
BigStockPhoto requires a photo seller to take the Photographer Test after studying the Tutorial pages. If you pass youll be able to upload photos, which will be reviewed by the editors. When users download them, you earn fifty cents each time (or up to $60 for some downloads if you have elected to also sell photos under our Special Licensing agreements). BigStockPhoto mail checks or make payment to you via Paypal or MoneyBookers.
Dreamstime requires that the image must be at least 3MP in size or more; it must be RGB saved at highest JPG quality 12. You should also have a model release on all people recognizeable in your image. Sellers get 50-80% from each sale made. Payment is via bank check, Paypal, and MoneyBookers.
Landscape, Architecture, People, Fauna & Flora, Objects, Transport, Food & Drink to Social Issues and Travel are the most in-demand image subjects that Fotolia suggest to those who want to upload photos using their site. Requires minimum of 1600 x 1200 pixels for web use and 2272 x 1704 pixels or greater for print use
The preferred files are with atleast 2000 x 3000 pxels. Fotolia pays an average of 52% commission to its contributors.
iStockPhoto requires that the images be RGB JPG format only. Required file sizes: the bigger, the better. 300 dpi 5? x 7? is optimal. 640×480 images are not usable by most graphic artists. All files should be 1200 x 1600 pixels minimum (anything smaller will be automatically rejected The royalty structure on iStockphoto is 20%. If youre eligible for exclusivity, you can make up to 40%. Pay is via Paypal and Moneybookers, or you can request a check by mail; Electronic payment requests are usually processed within 3 workdays. Check requests are processed at the beginning of each month and the checks are sent out at the middle of the month.
Shutterstock pays 25 cents per download and it also has a referral program that users can also earn from. ShutterStock also accepts stock footage. Images must be at least 2.5 megapixel to be accepted. But new photographers minimum size is 4.0MP. Pay checks are mailed monthly.
To make the most out of making money online with stock photography make sure that your image is original and truly copyrighted by you. All trademarks must be removed. This includes logos, brands and entities with copyright or trademarked elements. This many also extend to trademarked products such as cast sculptures, toys, architecture and other elements of design. This is necessary to avoid future legal problems.
Always check the sellers portion for frequently asked questions, you better check it out first before trying to publish your work and sell your photos. This will help a lot in clarifying whatever you want to know about how to make money online from that stock photo site.
Also, dont forget to know what are the most in-demand image subjects to avoid wasting your time uploading least requested images.
Sounds great and I hope this is useful to you. Good Luck!
Well, Japanese people invent many things. And here they have invented some funny machines…
See the Wasabi Roll, funny slapping Machine, Huge Balloon and so on…
And the wife is 2 feet shorter. Msnbc posted a news on March 28 about the marriage of a 7 foot 9 inch man, Bao Xishun from Inner Mongolia who married 5 foot 6 inch saleswoman Xia Shujian.
Xia Shujian, 28 is half the age of her tower-tall husband.
I have collected some pictures of this guy in next page.
Well, everything is possible in this world.
See how this nice, handsome guy bites his own nose….
Read further to see how his face changes when he bites his hose.
1. Crack open your briefcase or purse, peek inside and ask, Got enough air in there?
2. Stand silently and motionless in the corner, facing the wall, without getting off.
3. When arriving at your floor, grunt and strain to yank the doors open, then act embarrassed when they open by themselves.
4. Greet everyone getting on the elevator with a warm handshake and ask them to call you Admiral.
5. Lean against the button panel.
6. Stare at another passenger for awhile, then announce in horror, Youre one of THEM and back away slowly.
7. Wear a puppet on your hand and use it to talk to the other passengers.
8. Say Ding at each floor.
9. Bring a chair along.
10. Make explosion noises when anyone presses a button.
11. Stare, grinning at another passenger for awhile, and then announce, I have new socks on.
12. Try to make personal calls on the emergency phone.
13. When theres only one other person in the elevator, tap them on the shoulder and then pretend it wasnt you.
14. Push the buttons and pretend they give you a shock. Smile, and go back for more.
15. Ask if you can push the button for other people, but push the wrong ones.
16. Hold the doors open and say youre waiting for your friend. After a while, let the doors close and say, Hi Greg. Hows your day been?
17. Drop a pen and wait until someone reaches to help pick it up, then scream, Thats mine!
18. Move your desk in to the elevator and whenever someone gets on, ask if they have an appointment.
19. Lay down a Twister mat and ask people if theyd like to play.
20. Leave a box in the corner, and when someone gets on ask them if they hear something ticking.
21. Pretend you are a flight attendant and review emergency procedures and exits with the passengers.
22. Ask, Did you feel that?
23. When the doors close, announce to the others, Its okay. Dont panic, they open up again.
24. Show other passengers a wound and ask if it looks infected.
25. Leave a box between the doors.
26. Wave hands wildly at invisible flies buzzing around your head.
27. Start a sing-along.
28. Sing Mary had a little lamb while continually pushing buttons.
29. Call out, group hug!, then enforce it.
30. Say I wonder what all these do? and push all the red buttons.
31. Meow occasionally.
32. While the doors are opening, hurriedly whisper, Hide it quick! then whistle innocently.
You will be amazed by the pictures of clouds and their incredible forms
Mammatus Clouds, or "breast-clouds"
Lenticular Clouds are often mistaken for UFOs
Sounds fun !!
You can keep ready 9000 bucks for the racing track
Today’s the Bicycle Day. Want to know how it started ?
At 4:20 in the afternoon, on April 19th, 1943, the Swiss chemist Albert Hofmann deliberately ingested 250 micrograms of LSD-25, a substance he had discovered during experiments with alkaloids of the fungus ergot. Despite the vanishingly small dosage, he soon found himself stricken with dizziness, euphoria, and an inescapable compulsion to laugh. Within the hour, he could barely write or speak intelligibly, and fearing hed poisoned himself, rode his bicycle to his nearby home, called a doctor, asked for a glass of milk and collapsed on a sofa……. (from Page3.14)
Tag CloudAndroid Apple April Fool Birthday Blackberry Calgary Canada china Chrome Browser Chrome Netbooks Chrome OS Egypt Facebook facebook.com Google Google Apps Store Guinness Book of World Records Guinness Record HTC iPad iPhone iPhone 4 Julian Assange Khagendra Thapa Magar Mark Zuckerberg Microsoft Nepal odd name Oldest Pets photos RIM Road Sign Rude Signboard search search technology Shortest Person Sign Board Social Networking Steve Jobs Stupid Law Twitter Video WikiLeaks YouTube
Incoming search terms
Incoming search terms for the article: