Carrots are popular for various health benefits. Carrot was initially used as a medicinal plant. Commonly found in orange color, it is also available in yellow, red, white and purple hues (see image at the end of the post).
- Carrots are low in calories, it is high in nutrition and taste delicious.
- Vitamin A in carrot is good for your eyes. Eating carrot also helps in growing healthy skin and delay ageing.
- Some studies have even shown carrot to help prevent cancer. Some components in carrots are known to help reduce the risk of lung, breast and colon cancer.
- Beta-carotene in carrots is converted in to vitamin A in liver. Vitamin A is then transformed in to rhodopsin, a pigment that helps in the improvement of night vision. Beta-carotene also helps in reducing risks of senile cataracts and other eye diseases.
- Carrots works as an antioxidant and help in slowing down cells aging.
- It also helps in improving the quality skin. Vitamin A in carrots help in protecting skin from sun damage.
- Carrot is also known to prevent premature pigmentation, wrinkling, dry skin, acne and uneven skin tone.
- Boiled or mashed carrots can be used on cuts and bruises to prevent infection.
- Carrot also help in digestion and prevent gastric ulcers other digestive system problems.
- Potassium found in carrot is known to reduce blood pressure.
I also found a slide show in YouTube that lists the benefits of carrot:
Slideshow video shows the information on Beta carotene – an antioxidant, it’s help in digestion and reduction in ulcer and colon cancer. The qualities like alkaline elements in carrot, potassium and blood pressure reduction. Dental health, blood sugar reduction and soluble fiber makes carrot a choice food. Carrots are also good for your body’s overall health, especially that of the skin, eyes, digestive system and teeth!